Thursday, September 16, 2004

Her again

Once a kid gets to a certain age his parents are a source of acute embarrassment. For most of us that stops at some point, and we notice that the old guy who was so stupid when we were 16 sure has learned a lot in the years since.

I never knew the late Army 1st Lt. Seth Dvorin. He was killed in Iraq earlier this year trying to disarm a bomb.

My guess is that people who disarm bombs are dedicated individuals. The kind who might be embarrassed if someone made a huge fuss over their chosen occupation, because they were doing what they thought was right. If so, well, at least Mr. Dvorin is beyond embarrassment now, and can't see how his mother has been using his misfortune. Woman wearing 'President Bush You Killed My Son' T-Shirt disrupts first lady's rally

UPDATE: I'll leave the above as is just to remind me to pay attention when I hit the Draft button the next time. But I had to include a link to her latest. Hint - she doesn't like George W. Bush.

No comments: