Wednesday, February 13, 2002

More Earl Butz

Google fails me on this one, but allegedly Butz once characterized blacks as wanting only three things - "a tight pussy, loose shoes and a warm place to shit". He wound up resigning before the end of his administration (Nixon/Ford).

Do they still print mass market ethnic joke books? I don't recall seeing any for quite a while. There was a big series by Larry Wilde, but Amazon says they're all out of print but for his Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest joke book.

These books used to be on sale at places like K-mart. And they sure were funny.

Addendum
Nobody has mentioned it, but upon rereading the above it occurred to me that it could be construed as an endorsement of Mr. Butz' characterization. No, and there will be more on this later. I mentioned the jokes later because I believed Mr. Butz was joking when he said the above, and I wish people would mellow out on some of this stuff. If in fact this truly reflected Mr. Butz' beliefs, that was his problem.

No comments: