Friday, October 31, 2003

Despotic govt

Before I got to DC I'd heard various things about local govt. What annoyed me most was the automated speedtraps and cameras at intersections. It's not as if they don't have a right to enforce the law, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Then I got a couple of parking tickets. Whoops, I guess that sign said 2 hour parking until 8 PM, not AM. Jerks - that's nothing but a shakedown. It doesn't hurt the residents a bit. I wonder if the owners of the parking garages a couple of blocks away watch the area and call the parking Gestapo down on innocents like me?

Today Roger Simon posts about North Korea, and a commenter mentions the Chosun Journal. There you can read about literally millions of people who live for the day when the worst that happens to them is a parking ticket.

Did I tell you the meter maid was from North Korea? No?

Actually I haven't met that person, but it sounded like a good way to wind up this post.

No comments: