Friday, October 08, 2004

"Shadow War"

John Kerry annoys me in more ways than I care to count, but his convenient use of intelligence sources is close to the top. Don't prate ever onward about our failure to find WMDs in a short period of time in a big country when you know damned well that Saddam had had them and had used them. Or did Kerry miss too many Senate Intelligence Committee meetings to know anything like that?

And then after that we hear about President Bush supposed ignoring intelligence sources telling us how fouled up things are in Iraq? It's amazing how much smarter those intel guys got in the last few years, eh?

Unlike the infinitely arrogant Kerry, I won't imply that I or anyone I could find would do any better than the current intelligence people do. And after reading this article, I'm surprised that they can do as well as they do.

The article is fairly long, but you know you want to know if there ever was a Tom Clancy-like plot to fly a small plane into the White House and kill the President on the first anniversary of 9/11. It's an excerpt from Richard Miniter's new book "Shadow War: The Untold Story of How Bush Is Winning the War on Terror".

No comments: