Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Taxes!

Turbo Tax accepted my electric return at 11:59. I'll try to beat that record next year.

Or maybe I should beat this individual instead. He says his $91K in taxes were a bargain. Compared to what? - my bet is that the same amount of money would have bought far more from the private sector, if in fact they were allowed to compete with the government. Our govt might not screw us as badly as it could, but that's true only because we keep an eye on it.

Meanwhile I saw "Mohr Sports", a show on ESPN with Jay Mohr. He had billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on. Cuban said he paid $200M in taxes. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's obscene by any measure. Nobody, but nobody, ought to pay anything even within a couple orders of magnitude of that.

If you don't agree, or think you are undertaxed, I have just the ticket for you. Send a gift to the feds.

No comments: