Thursday, July 07, 2005

Questions for Ingrid Newkirk

Who? Maybe this quote will remind you
“A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They are all mammals. Ingrid Newkirk, PETA
Yes, she's into animal rights.

Look around on the page I linked for similar thoughts from other animal rights types:

“If the death of one rat cured all diseases, it wouldn’t make any difference to me.”
Chris DeRose, Last Chance for Animals

“The life of an ant and that of my child should be granted equal consideration.”
Michael W. Fox, Humane Society of the United States

Of course we shouldn't burden Ms. Newkirk with defending things she didn't say, but what she said is plenty. And in a couple of days (7/9) she'll be at a newly opened Borders bookstore in Timonium, MD. Hmm, I wonder if she'll be answering any questions from the public?

And if she will, what would you like to ask her? Because I'm just brash enough to go there, just a few miles from where I'm camped north of Baltimore, and ask her a few. Any suggestions?

No comments: